You may have seen this already as a guest post on brassyapple.com. Today I'm going to share it on here!
This summer I found a beautiful frame at a garage sale. The owners were asking for $10, but I bartered them down to $5--which was a pretty good deal considering the original price tag read $79.99.
As you may know, we recently moved. We needed something large to hang above our fire place. I immediately knew it was time to upcycle this little beauty.
To begin, I used an exacto knife to open up the paper backing so I could remove the original artwork.
I then used a butter knife to remove the staples holding the canvas in place.
Once the canvas was out, I wiped down the frame with a wet rag and then thoroughly dried it.
I used Rust-Oleum Spray Paint in white. It is both a primer and a paint in one.
|After the first and second coats.|
I ordered an engineer print from Staples to go in the frame. These are a steal! Mine was a little less than $4; and if your photo is high quality, the print will look great. I ordered mine a little bigger than the original canvas so I could wrap it around the original and simply tape it on.
|My engineer print wrapped around the back of the original canvas.|
|This is was the back of my frame looks like now.|
I am so happy with it!
With the spray paint the total cost was just under $15.